Zumba

One can not leave a Zumba class in a bad mood I say. I love dance fitness. The class is full of men and women of all ages. I see 100 year old folk in there, okay some really seasoned dancers are in there, and I relish at the opportunity to watch em all! My favorite is the belly dancing intertwined with sexy Latin dances. Of course the first few times you go in you are as stiff and gangly. Talk about being dorkalicious. Then after a few classes, you could see yourself dancing with the...star...VFW, or something.
The class is pretty powerful. The energy is vibrant and exhilarating. The world music that is played and the mix of ages and cultures that attend create an atmosphere that has moved me to laugh and even well up with a tear. My favorite character is the older gentleman that shwoops up his hair, about like a swirl cone and hair sprays it abundantly. It is distracting after awhile, but I esteem his tenacity. All the shaking and jiggling - all -about to the Reggieton is about as entertaining as an afternoon gets really. It is liberating to shimmy your lower parts and shoulders at the same time, whist gyrating your body in a circle. If you can not lighten up after that experience, you better check to see if your shoes are on to tight. I have danced through two pregnancies and I have seen people literally shed into smaller sizes that have been consistent in Zumba. I mean- if you must do cardio to loose weight...it might as well be a jolly good time. IIIIIIEEEE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soldier Mom

I WILL NOT QUIT

Talking to kids about Drugs