Your Heart is so Pretty


Michael and I got, married in downtown Las Vegas. We literally we wearing jeans and slippahs. My hair was in a ponytail, and I had a coke stain on my shirt. We were whisked away in a limo, and my nephew was our witness. The ceremony was short and sweet - we didn't even have rings. During the ceremony the minister pulled a rock out of his pocket shaped like a heart. He said to exchange it with each other during the good times and the times we need an extra special touch. It sits on our bedside table, and we use it sparingly. I may find it with a note of love, or I have put it in Mike's pocket so he would find it when he is at work and needs love.
Today, our two-year old daughter Serena found the heart on on bedside table. She said, "What is this?" I said, "It's my heart." She gloated over the rock, and looked up and said; "Your heart is so pretty, I love it." Then, (she must have known it had immense value) because she said, "Can I hold it Mommy?" She held it for a few moments then put it right back where it was. She must have also known I needed an extra special touch today. I am so blessed with my husband and children.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soldier Mom

I WILL NOT QUIT

Talking to kids about Drugs