Wahhhhhh

I noticed my darling children cry all the time, whereas the adults in my life never cry. My kids are never stressed, or pent up in frustration or anxiety. I think it is because they cry when they need to. I never forbid them to cry; I say cry it out if you must. If they cry I give them sympathy. Unlike adults, we can stop tears so readily that it is more unnatural to cry than to hold back. Adults are too busy trying not to look ugly. The tissues come out and all the incessant wiping, and uncomfortable feelings that go on is a sight we all turn from. Notice if grown up cries everyone turns away to not look upon their humanity as if it were invasion? I consider children as pure and true to themselves when they cry - as we all should be.
I actually cried today when I felt the need instead of the typical holding it all in. To steal from The Grinch - My face was leaking. It was a familiar, natural feeling but restrained so long that only two tears leaked out and wet my cheek. It felt good. It was nice to be a cry baby for a minute. I gained composure (as you do) and went about my day, better than before my surrender.
Just an observation my kids orchestrated; those are the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soldier Mom

I WILL NOT QUIT

Talking to kids about Drugs