Big Girl Pants


"My children I would not change for all the leisure and pleasure that I could have without them." - Harriet Beecher Stowe
Mother of 7 (including one set of twins)

Tonight, I just wanted to poke my nose in a good book, maybe write a little if I felt so inclined and just sprawl out in relaxation. I put the last child to bed and took one more load out of the laundry because I hate it when it sours. Much to my chagrin, there was a dirty diaper that accidentally got washed. I felt like throwing the entire load in the trash, however that would not be using my good Girl Scout wits of "using my resources wisely," now would it?
I suppose I say all of this to make the point that when you feel like giving up, or you feel like it is just too hard - pull strength from those who have gone before us. Or like my beloved friend, Debbie Starr (who is now with Great Spirit) would say, "Put your big girl panties on!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soldier Mom

Talking to kids about Drugs

I WILL NOT QUIT