Tree Top View of Life

I woke up this morning with a sense of awful moving in. I began think about the tactics it would take to get me out of my stifled state. All the finagling in my head made me more anxious. The idea of talking to any super genius humans did not sound appealing in any way. Even my angel doggie Charlie did not lift any burdens. I felt doubt creeping in. My heart literally felt heavy. I knew my help had to come from higher ground.
I got up, got my coffee, hugged kids, made my husband coffee, and went outside. I headed for a quiet spot right by my apple tree. I still felt frozen in worry. There was no relief. I did the next best thing I knew to do in morose times, and I headed for the tub. Sitting there with blank thoughts, I received no answers, no nudging, and no peace.
I walked through the morning numbly. As I blanked out during morning ablutions, I felt lead to go to one more outlet that is a secret place of inspiration for me.
In my upstairs back bathroom, the window opens up to a tree top view. The tree has a lovely little hummingbird nest in it. I have been watching the process of a little hummingbird sit in her nest tediously for weeks. Through the wind, rain, and long days, there she sits and waits. I always thought it wound be rather boring to just sit there in a small cramped space. When there is a reward in store, I suppose a creature can do anything it takes to stay the course. Today, she was gone. I looked closer in the nest...and there was a baby!
I was feeling overjoyed instantly to see the hummingbird nest with a baby in it! As that little one rested there with rays of sun setting around, she was going to be well cared for. I knew I would be cared for. God feeds the birds, how much more would He feed me? Within a few minutes, the mama was hovering over the nest ready to feed. I was standing there literally crying with joy, with release and with confirmation. The mama actually had two babies she was feeding with her long beak. Then she flew off.
One of the babies, started to sit up after its nourishment, and spread his wings! I'm thinking, "God if I get to see the first flight of a baby hummingbird that would be so amazing!" I knew how he felt stretching himself, moving out of the cramped place and wanting so badly to taste the sweet nectars of life! His mama came back and shooed me off by staring me down. I moved out of her sight so she would go back, and feed her babies. She came back to feed. She also made the nest rim a little puffier, and high so the adventurer would stay put until it was the right time for it to go bye bye, and finally fly away.
All day long, I had visions of those baby hummingbirds with their beaks up in the air, knowing that needs are always met, and flying is soon to be. As for me, all I have to do is ~ nothing but receive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soldier Mom

I WILL NOT QUIT

Talking to kids about Drugs