Your Needs are Important

Disappointment in life is nothing new under the sun. Relying on others is cause for letdown and bitterness in our lives. One of the biggest ramifications of hanging on to those things is that trust is not easily given after we have been let down a time or two. Look at the bright side; it also promotes heaps of self-determination. We still have to believe all things! We should believe the best in people and hope that they do their best for themselves and by us. Expect sometimes when they don’t - cause sometimes they wont. Life happens, meh happens, and people may not prioritize us in the scheme of life. That’s okay, we must continue to build and believe in others anyway.
Ever meet a grumpy old man or woman that just has been used up and let down? Their face is stuck on crumpled. I for one don’t want that kind of face or disposition. I take a strength-based approach in life and that is I believe that we all have the potential to be highly influential, great people. We all have dreams, and ideals that could change the planet for the best but it’s easier to be a nay sayer, or bitter person blaming others for our failures or lack of ambition.
I guess this burst of emotion is all out there to acknowledge that it really hurts when others let you down. I also know we have all let people down. Perhaps you have felt that you do not mean anything special to the folks around you. You are, they just don’t know how to show you when they are too busy salving themselves. I guess you have to give the bouquets and tell others how much you mean to them! The world could use more appreciation.
In the scheme of life, it is best to not hold people to their letdowns. Honestly, looking at their issues and being sympathetic is a better way during times of disillusion. I also look at the reasons that others most easily annoy me is when I have relied on them to make me happy. When I am picking myself apart is easy to pick others apart. I say we turn the other check and continue to invite, count on, look to, and ask for support from others, but count on ourselves first to be our own best hero. I do that by continuing to believe in others and myself when there may not be much to the eye to see. I have to look hearts. The alternative is to stop trusting, oh and don’t forget the crumpled face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soldier Mom

I WILL NOT QUIT

Talking to kids about Drugs