Sentimental Journey

I don't know what it twas about this summer - but for me, it was nostalgic. I have been in a sentimental mood since it began. Firstly, my nephew comes out every summer so I have a total of 6 kids I get to look after. Looking after the young includes: yummy summer food fare, entertaining and learning how to just chill together. We traveled, which is indicative of stopping at every site we felt was interesting enough. It meant having buzz words like, "enema, Chupacobra, krumping and twerk it." All I can say is never purchase an enema that has pictures on the label. And yes Virginia, the Chupacobra was in California lately. It was a summer of swimming lessons and then seeing my four year old swim across the pool. It was a time of star gazing whilst listening to 80's music, lots of Popsicles and lots of laughs. The kids played chess, painted, made homemade clay figures, and ate homemade apple pie. We shot off fire crackers, rode bikes, and danced in the kitchen (some were krumpin and twerking). I am more of the step together, step together kind of gal. There were 2 big birthday bashes, and even some down time that entailed just watching a movie. We talked, we laughed, we discovered and I listened. I am looking forward to what the fall may bring, but I will always think fondly of the summer of 2013. I saw my little ones grow up all the more, spiritually, mentally and emotionally. I am thankful that I had the time to spend with all 6 of these souls. I am fortunate, blessed and my krump runneth over. Now, bring on the next season, ya'll!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I WILL NOT QUIT

Talking to kids about Drugs

I told my son, "Screw you."